Wednesday 18 January 2012

Mr Leather UK 2012

            Well, first of all I have to thank to everyone have made possible the contest.

            I am Kilker, I am 25 years old and originally from a small village in north of Spain called Pasai Donibane. I am flight attendant and been living in the UK in 2008, 2009 and after a year living in the middle east, I came back to work in London and settled up here.

            I came into Leather by a chance, although I always had that interest in my mind. I must admit I´ve met amazing people in the scene last few years. One of them is Sly Hands,  Mr International Rubber 2012. Knowing my interest for Leather, he was the one who told me to sign up to the contest.

          As it was a fundraiser event for HIV, I thought it was a great excuse to go, try my luck and visit Manchester, where the event was held and I had never been before.

          The first day of the contest, I was working and I landed an hour late. I landed in London at 18:00, I had 2 hous way to the train that would take me to Manchester, so I´d be very tight for the event. On top of that, I had a terrible temperature and cold sweats. I thought "Maybe better if I don´t go, I´d never win being Spanish, young...". But then I felt bad for Sly, as I already told him I was attending, and I wanted to see what a contest like that was all about. Till then, I´ve only watched videos of IML on the net.

           When I arrived, I knew no one there. I was really nervous. As soon as I came into the club, there were lots of guys talking to me. Something that in London unfortunately is not that usual. So I felt more comfortable. I drank a bit of my favourite drink, red wine and coke, and waited for the event to start. What a contestants!! (I think we always tend to look to the one next to you and think they look better than you, I guess is a human thing). That day, we introduced ourselves and had a couple of questions on stage. My fever was killing me.

           The next day, we had private interviews with the judges. One by one. But it was great to know a bit more of the rest of the contestants. They were very nice guys. While we were waiting, got a couple of messages on Recon saying it wouldn´t be fair if I was the wiiner as I was spanish. So I thought to myself "If they think lik this, judges may probably think the same". My aim was having fun though, and raising funds for something I believe. So I came into the interviewing room, and opened my heart to the judges.

         That night, we had a bit of fun on stage playing with a victim with several objects. I was very nervous and sick, but I promised myself I´d enjoy it and that´s what I did. Judges went to discuss their votes and audience made their choice too. It was all already decided.

         With the announcement of the 2nd an 3rd position already, I was wondering who the hell would win, and they announced my name. From that moment, till like 15 mins later, I can´t remember what happened. I was too excited. Me, a young spanish guy, from a small vilage of 2.000 inhabitants, would represent the leather scene of such a country as UK is.

         Literally, I didnt sleep in the next 2 days. I tried to digest what happened and although they didn´t know that I was into leather, I sent the pics and new to my mother and aunt in Spain. They must have thought "he is crazy", but I think they´re used to it hehehe...



No comments:

Post a Comment